Universidad Nacional de San Antonio Abad del Cusco
Peru ( Americas )
- Year of founding: 2000
- Role of collection: National collection
- Main objectives of the collection:
- To conserve selected clones from “Cacao chuncho” type.
- Superior clones selection from performance and quality.
- Distribution of “Cacao chuncho élite” to cacao farmers.
Universidad Nacional de San Antonio Abad del Cusco (UNSAAC)
Av. De La Cultura 743
Wilton Henry Céspedes Del Pozo
|Total number of accessions:||- 72|
|Related Theobroma species||-|
|Wild relatives of other genera (e.g. Herrania)||-|
|Wild seedling accessions of T. cacao||-|
|Wild clonal accessions of T. cacao||-|
|Clonal accessions selected in farms||-|
|Seedling accessions collected from farms||- 72|
|Clonal accessions selected in breeding plots||-|
Additional notes about the collection
All accessions are “native” and unique genetic material. We also have registered several clones in the field that will soon be part of our collection.