The Alliance of Bioversity International and CIAT and the Global Network for Cacao Genetic Resources (CacaoNet) is developing a Global Compendium on Cacao Research on all aspects related to production, processing and consumption.
The objective is to make information on institutions and scientists accessible to all actors of the cocoa value chain and create a platform facilitating exchanges to stimulate collaboration and investment in research.
The Global Compendium on Cacao Research relies on scientists to provide information on their research and affiliated institute. This in turn provides visibility to the research as the information is made accessible through intuitive search options.
The Global Compendium on Cacao Research is:
- Funded by the German Cocoa and Chocolate Foundation and the Alliance of Bioversity International and CIAT.
- Coordinated by the German Cocoa Round Table.
- Implemented by the Alliance of Bioversity International and CIAT and CacaoNet.
- Developed in collaboration with the INCOCOA groups (INGENIC, INAFORESTA, INCOPED, INCOSOM, INCOSOCIO, INCOQUALITY) and the International Cocoa Organization (ICCO).
To participate, please register to the Cacaonet website and access the online form:
- First, register an account after reading the privacy notice (see highlights below). You will receive a confirmation email.
- Log-in with your email address and password.
- From the dashboard, create a new entry by providing your contact information, institutional affiliation and select research areas, topics and keywords that best describes your research activities.
- Submit your entry to the Global Compendium on Cacao Research.
- The information to be made publicly available is (1) personal information (e.g. name, e-mail, job/position), (2) institutional (e.g. name of institute, address, country), and (3) research activities (areas, topics and keywords).
- We ask for your consent to publish the information that you supply to us throughout the form.
- When you submit the information it will be made available publicly on the CacaoNet website.
- At any point you can can modify or erase your data. Or ask us to remove your data from the compendium by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.