Central Plantation Crops Research Institute
India ( Asia/Pacific )
CPCRI (Photo taken from http://cpcri.gov.in)
- Year of founding: 1970
- Role of collection: National collection
- Main objectives of the collection:
- Conservation: Widening genetic base.
- Breeding: Selection & Hybridization for desirable traits.
- Dissemination: Transfer of coco production technologies under mixed cropping systems.
Central Plantation Crops Research Institute (CPCRI),
Regional Station, Vittal,
Karnataka- 574 243
|Total number of accessions:||- 291|
|Related Theobroma species||- 1|
|Wild relatives of other genera (e.g. Herrania)||- 1|
|Wild seedling accessions of T. cacao||- 0|
|Wild clonal accessions of T. cacao||- 0|
|Clonal accessions selected in farms||- 10|
|Seedling accessions collected from farms||- 0|
|Clonal accessions selected in breeding plots||-0|
Additional notes about the collection
This collection contains also Malaysian and Nigerian collections.